Monday, January 23, 2012

Coffee Anyone? Support Starbucks!

Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012

In light of the "Light a Candle" and it's success through the blogosphere, I'm thinking that guns & coffee pictures should be the order of the day this Valentines day. If you live in an open carry state and that's your thing, and openly display support of Starbucks lack of prohibiting guns it's all you.


I do believe I am an hour from the closest Starbucks, but may very well make the trip.

"WHY STARBUCKS?  Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)
To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores."
Good on 'em. And I for one will continue to drink their over priced coffee because of it.

So come Valentines day, please join me in support of Startbucks with a pictures of Guns & Starbucks coffee or other Starbucks products purchased on Valentines day. If you're like me and don't have a Starbucks within easy distance, Walmart had Starbucks brand Coffee and gift cards.

5 comments:

  1. I like Starbucks and I have opened carried there with relatively no issue, and I think this is insane. I don't even understand the problem. To my knowledge we have not had mass shootings connected with conceal or open carry folks at Starbucks. I am amazed at the number of laws / regulations/ restrictions these people want to imposes on problems that do not exist. I am not a big OC fan, but I will be at Starbucks with my gun on the 14th. I doubt it will be noticed in my town, but still, any effort I can make to draw attention to the law abiding gun owner, I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right, guns in Starbucks = no shootings when every other "gun free zone" gets shot to pieces.

    We all ready have too much BS laws regarding firearms, the last thing we need are more, and we need to keep establishments gun friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in. That's also my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, are you using a Twitter hash tag to spread the word?

    ReplyDelete