Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Nighthawk for JD

Well I finally coughed up the dough and placed the order for a Nighthawk Custom.

I'm getting a Talon, which is their basic 5" Gov't model but I'm changing a lot.

The first big change is that I'm upgraded the frame to their railed Recon frame and having it bobtailed. Next I'm going to have the barrel cut flush with the bushing and recrowned, I've always loved that look. It just looks kick ass.

The front strap and main spring housing are going to have the chain link texture treatment. While I love checkering this is going to be a competition and carry gun and the checkering can get a little rough on the hands and clothing. The gun will have the standard GI plug and spring guide and the sights are going to be of the Heinie Straight 8 ledge design and have the wider rear sight notch of .156". The Talon usually has the rear of the slide checkered, but as the front strap and MSH are not to be checkered I'm opting for just having the rear of the slide serrated to match the Heinie sights. To finish it all off, the frame and barrel will be hard chromed with the slide wearing what NHC calls Diamond Black, but is better known as Ion Bond. There's one more major change, but I'm keeping that one under my hat as I think it's going to be a nice surprise when the gun is finished.

Due to the Ion Bond, the lead time is 18 weeks instead of the usual 13 weeks so I should have the gun sometime in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment